Sign in to follow this  
jeeping1974

Tuesday

I’ve declared war on the family of flying squirrels in my farmers porch roof.  Have set traps and only caught one.  In the middle of the night I was seconds away from a shotgun blast to the ceiling in my anger and fury. 

The ceiling is coming down Wednesday and I will spare no mercy.  I want all those little damners dead.  

4 minutes ago, GSSFC said:

I’ve declared war on the family of flying squirrels in my farmers porch roof.  Have set traps and only caught one.  In the middle of the night I was seconds away from a shotgun blast to the ceiling in my anger and fury. 

The ceiling is coming down Wednesday and I will spare no mercy.  I want all those little damners dead.  

Awwww, but they're so damn cute.

2 hours ago, jeeping1974 said:

What is it with girls not sleeping? If one didn't have me awake, then the other did. 

They’ve apparently got you well trained.  

Lay the law down and tell them to sleep and don’t bother you.  Obviously they keep you up because they know you’ll give them attention.  

My kids know they better be barfing or a  burglar in the house if they’re gonna wake me up. 

1 hour ago, GSSFC said:

Rat traps have been pretty effective for me.

12 minutes ago, cmerrick said:

I’ve got some conibear 110s set up.  Been about a week or so.  Only got one.  

31 minutes ago, GSSFC said:

They’ve apparently got you well trained.  

Lay the law down and tell them to sleep and don’t bother you.  Obviously they keep you up because they know you’ll give them attention.  

My kids know they better be barfing or a  burglar in the house if they’re gonna wake me up. 

Yup, I am. I've told the oldest (almost 5) to stop coming into our room and waking us up. Grab one of your stuffed animals, roll over and go back to sleep. Still happens regardless. Already threatened her with putting a lock on her door. The other is 19 months and is usually a great sleeper, 2nd degree burn on her foot is not helping in her case. 

Same stuff, another day. Gonna be a busy one. My manager called me in at the end of the day yesterday to tell me about a job posting coming up in the next week. I knew it was coming, but just not when. He said him and his manager have been discussing if I would be the best fit in the position. It's a two level pay jump for me, but I would go from an individual contributor/subject matter expert in my area to a lead position with 9 direct reports.

1 hour ago, GSSFC said:

We  have had the little buggers in our house off and on for years.

Bought a sonic device last week. 

Poof gone. To good to be true? Only time will tell..

Let me find the link.

51l5mx5wuXL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY115_SX115_.jp

• Cleanrth PCS101 Three-Stage ComboSonic
Edited by bigjeep

16 minutes ago, jeeping1974 said:

That's awesome Roger! Is that something you want?

It is. I used to manage people many years ago when I was at GSK. Since coming to Pfizer I've always been an individual contributor, but for my own career development I need to get back into managing people. I have had that on my development plan with my manager for a couple years now and he's given me projects to run where I'll have 2-3 people to manage to run the projects through completion, but full time management is what I need if I want to continue to progress my career.

12 minutes ago, cmerrick said:

I’ve got some conibear 110s set up.  Been about a week or so.  Only got one.