Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

Back To Work Monday

Pretty sure its the beginning of the end with the GF, sorry but I cant deal with obnoxious kids. She's had enough time to wrangle them in but refuses to have them do chores or anything for that matter. My girls are raised with discipline and chores, they know they have to carry their own pack. I'm not upset, I've been here before and I don't have any more tolerance than that given so far.

Well I'm cleaning up a carpentry job today and finishing a couple details on the tractor motor job. Going to work tomorrow cleaning up storm damaged trees for a day or two. Then it's time go chopping.

Sorry to hear that Roy it sounded like the two of you were on the same page between you but there's no fighting parenting short comings. Some folks just don't have a clue, and won't try to change because sometimes it's just not in their make up.

Finished the last of my wood splitting for the year yesterday. Now I just need to do some stacking tonight after work. Would be nice to get it done tonight and everything tarped for the winter before the rain comes tomorrow.  Another busy day in the office, but nothing like last week.

3 minutes ago, jeeping1974 said:

Back at work, little sore but overall feels good. Making up a batch of soy sauce jerky tonight. 

I need to get back into that. In fact, wife and I were just discussing that this morning. New house has a sizeable work bench in the basement. Perfect area to house the marinater, sealer, dehydrator, throw the fridge and freezers down there. Hang up a spice rack for my Five Spices and Liquid Smoke. Rig up a sink to wash my deli slicer. 

1 hour ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

Wrist, elbow, and ankle are swollen. joyous. 

I understand wrist and elbow.....how'd The ankle get tangled in that? 

Edited by 79fordgirl

1 minute ago, 79fordgirl said:

I understand wrist and elbow.....how'd The ankle get tangled in that? 

I'm a severe hemophiliac. I sneeze wrong and something swells up. 

Waiting for Eversource to cut power... They are doing some kind of work at the end of the road today and we have been notified they're going to shut off power for a few hours. Have about 7-8 trucks and a mini-ex and were digging at the end of the road when we were waiting for the bus. Looks like they plan to replace the concrete foundations for two of the transformers which service individual houses.

Generator is standing by, so all I should have to do is go start it and flip the x-fer box.

2 hours ago, rvgjeep1 said:

Pretty sure its the beginning of the end with the GF, sorry but I cant deal with obnoxious kids. She's had enough time to wrangle them in but refuses to have them do chores or anything for that matter. My girls are raised with discipline and chores, they know they have to carry their own pack. I'm not upset, I've been here before and I don't have any more tolerance than that given so far.

Seriously...she needs to GTFO

trying to figure out if I want to get beyond the current argument with the wife. My ability to give a damn is diminishing daily.