Sign in to follow this  
JesseA

Woods junk for dad.

Tired of dad borrowing and breaking my sh!t. So he's getting a leftovers build.

Ingredients include:

Tbi 4.3-700-231

Old project frame from college

D60f with turned down drw hubs homemade drive slugs & 4.56s

70U with 4.56s

Skinny boggers

Old fuel cell from Murphys rocket turtle

IMG_0164.JPG

Edited by JesseA

Little bit at a time with small normal setbacks here and there. Today's setback was a stuck 4.3 and a throttle body that looked like it had lived on a beach. So off that came and all the injection wiring attached to it. Trying to be deliberate I attempted to get the alternator off and broke off the ears For the main alternator mount. So I've got to find one of them or weld It or homebrew something.

Finally I got around to Pulling the plugs, poured some oil into The intake and spun it by hand. Turns over so that's a good sign. If I have another 4.3 ThrottleBody I'll continue with my Plan to keep it TBI. If I don't it'll get a motorcraft 2100 like my Rig has.

IMG_0230.JPG

Yeah working on this thing comes in one hour bursts with no warning.

Saturday I'm heading to my folks and camp to see if I have any tbi parts, and to collect a th 350 Application np 205, a seat, my press, hopefully find some 3/8 pipe for motor mounts.

Haven't decided if I want to try to flip the 231 for reduction or to go with that 205 for simplicity's sake.

I need u bolts for the front. I have to get weight on the front before I make any decisions about the shackles

Sucks when you need everything all at once to figure out how the jigsaw pieces fit around each other.

Engine and transmission are in and mounted. Radiator is a non AC equipped 88 Monte Carlo and the hoses are 4.3 s10 stuff.

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

I think that's a traveler one from tractor supply. Either way it's greaseable.

Are the surplus center ones domestic? If they are and i need some that's good to know. I needed two more snatch blocks to move some rocks in the stream last summer and I didn't want to wait.

I can't poop on Chinese stuff too hard. I have a lot of it.