Juiceman

RPPOTD: Random Photo Post

15 minutes ago, mike_belben said:

You mean a repair manual on the dozer?  I have a CD rom for the earlier generation.. D31P-17..  but i think its the same powershift trans as my D31P-18.  

Yes.  Not sure we have one here but my dad was an On the Road heavy Equipment mech for most of his life at various new dealerships up to about 5 yrs ago when he retired at 70.  He has file cabinets full of paper manuals and more knowledge than any one person should have.  If you needed something I'm sure he'd look it up for you if he had it and/or talk over the phone if you had any questions.  He loves helping people just like yourself.  He still gets mechs calling him about couple times a month-pretty much on the older stuff now.  He's awesome with hydrolics also.

Can you move the dozer with the forklift? Now that's impressive.

Well, thanks scott i appreciate it.  Tell him my hats off to him.  I aspire to be the same kinda fellow one day.

Im hoping its a tired O-ring in the control section but have yet to dig too far in.  Mom duty has me pretty tied up.  

@Dill.. Yeah I think it would move it if i had the blade up and some traction. One fork picked up the rear with ease but it tilted the carriage kinda hard on (getit hardon) the mast and put all the weight on that tire.   probably low on air  cuz it bulged a bunch.  Theyre like 50k rated tires but theyre spanked and i dont wanna pop one. I think dozer weighs about 16k and itll lift the weight but maybe bend forks unless i went thru the track frames from side.  The blade is on the rocks in that pic, i only lifted back end to stack rocks under the finals so i can crawl under to unbolt the belly pan and see about pulling the trans out.  Or atleast checking the sump strainer and finding all the other leaks.  Such is old iron. 

25 minutes ago, TiTRD said:

I asked for a handy, not a moufy :flip:

You get what you get and you dont gimme shet. 

Bob broke a final drive when he owned the dozer.  cat 330 excavator and a chain.  just picked the whole thing up by the cab and dangled it back up to the shop. Wish id seen that.  

All in all the forklift has been my best machine, never borken in any way.  Knock knock. 

20170414_120829.jpg?easyrotate_cache=151

20170106_124759.jpg?easyrotate_cache=151

0919171049c.jpg?easyrotate_cache=1517976

Dude can you drive the dozer forward and make a giant loop to at least work on some decent ground? Can't imagine laying on boulders fixing a trans is going to feel good.

38 minutes ago, Dill said:

Dude can you drive the dozer forward and make a giant loop to at least work on some decent ground? Can't imagine laying on boulders fixing a trans is going to feel good.

Would such to drop a socket down in between them.

Theres no rocks in the middle.  Just dirt.  I got cardboard.  Starter cant go back in until belly pan is off, i cant get my hand under to start the bottom bolt. Need solenoid anyhow.

Edited by mike_belben