Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofender

This one will have fenders.....

88 posts in this topic

Couple people asked me to post some pics of the latest project. I picked this up from The Smart Paul and embarked on a rebuild.Along the way i've collected (hoarder) a bunch of parts and pieces (and other flattys) in support of the build. At some point I'll need to thin the herd. My goal is to possibly be done for Moab, flat fender fun run in 2017. 

Anyway, don't expect much of a thread. just some pics of the progress now and again....

DSC02155.JPG

DSC02332.JPG

DSC02363.JPG

Edited by nofender

12 volt conversion and PS pump done....

DSC02384.JPG

DSC02387.JPG

DSC02417.JPG

Disc brakes front and rear are done. That was quite a journey. I think it was 50 trips to the parts store trying to figure out what parts to use. Some pretty Warn hubs are installed. Drive shafts are refurbished. Dropped the radiator in yesterday. I'm just waiting for some passenger rear axle shaft parts and the chassis will officially will be a roller. Last item on the chassis agenda would be the brake lines. 

Oh.....and i scored a vintage Warn OD in pieces. Rebuilt it and installed it. Pretty excited about that! 

DSC02389.JPG

DSC02390.JPG

DSC02415.JPG

Edited by nofender

Looking good, I'm right behind you in rebuilding mine!  :paul:

Orange peel and bandana cabernet. Its party time. Wheres rusty the scoob tube?!

Thanks guys! Shooting for Moab 17 flat fender run. But that may be a stretch. Just brought the tub inside for inspection/evaluation. I have a couple sheets of 16g and a 48 inch brake. So I should be able to fab up panels pretty quick. Not looking for concourse quality.... Just a good solid runabout that looks decent from 25 feet.

More to come!

exhaust in done. I had to reroute it due to a non factory brace for the rear tow hitch. Rear axle is done. I think i'm going to dismount the tires and have the rims polished. We'll see....

Scored a re-pop knob for the OD. I had to build a shifter bracket for the OD as well. 

and a random shot of the "other" 2A I acquired along the way. Yep....I got issues. 

DSC02404.JPG

DSC02254.JPG

Edited by nofender

Is there a f head in the new to you flattie

Oddly enough - no. It's an L-head. Who knows why on the hood. I mean look at the stack for goodness sake. Lol!