Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

Happy Friday

Tweaked back woke me up so I thought I would welcome in the Friday. 

Even though the media OVERBLOWS it, glad I'm not dealing with a hurricane. 

Been sitting at a gas station for an hour with a truck that won't start. Turns over, fires for a second, then quits. Dash is making a faint buzzing noise. Interior lights don't work, power windows and locks don't work. Wiggle the negative battery cable and things sound like they are coming to life, but no fire. 

I was wish this POS would just catch fire.

It acted up yesterday too. Dash lit up like a Xmas tree twice. Radio likes to shut off randomly.

6 hours ago, CJKarl said:

Tweaked back woke me up so I thought I would welcome in the Friday. 

Even though the media OVERBLOWS it, glad I'm not dealing with a hurricane. 

At least your house didn't blow up from some idiot at the utility....................YET......

15 minutes ago, 1951M38 said:

At least your house didn't blow up from some idiot at the utility....................YET......

plenty of lawsuits coming from that.

6 minutes ago, TiTRD said:

Is it too early to start drinking?

Can't day drink if you don't start in the morning....or so I've heard. <_<

Yesterday's fascination brought to me by the Frying Pan Shoals lighthouse, 34 miles off the coast of NC. Water gets down to ~2' deep there so for the longest the CG had a tower out there. Back in the 80's or 90's they abandoned it, then random dude bought it at auction and is turning it into a B&B. Neat.

Live cam to watch Florence:

But don't be fooled, it's not live right now....just high lights. They likely lost power or something. But the comments section is gold. (hint: Kevin = the flag that was being beaten up by the wind last night)

And a big thanks to Pauly for sharing that live cam on his FB page so that I could be fascinated yesterday.

1 minute ago, TiTRD said:

Truck is off to the mechanics for the 4th time this year. :teabag:

that stings

1 hour ago, 1951M38 said:

What's the story there?  

HVAC guy coming to the house this morning, a dog getting dropped off at 1:30 and another at 4:00 so I'm working from home today. For some reason my computer won't connect to the wifi so I'm currently sitting in the basement next to the Xfinity box with the Ethernet cable plugged in. I've got to get some things done before I mess with reconnections and going back upstairs.