CJKarl

Thrz of the day

Still a little mist in the air this morning, but looks like it will clear up a little bit today. 4.5 hours of meetings today and then I'll get the tractor out and try to push some gravel around. I've never really tried the grader blade that came with it and I don't know if it has the weight to be able to push a lot of gravel, but I'm going to try filling in the washout and pushing the gravel back up the hill before I pull out the shovel and wheelbarrow.

Driveway after rain.jpg

A mother-in-law stopped by unexpectedly the recently married couple's house. She knocks on the door, then immediately walks in. She is shocked to see her daughter-in-law lying on the couch, totally naked.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm waiting for Jeff to come home from work," the daughter-in-law answered.

"But you're naked!" the mother-in-law exclaimed.

"This is my love dress," the daughter-in-law explained.

"Love dress? But you're naked!"

"Jeff loves me to wear this dress! It makes him happy and it makes me happy."

The mother-in-law on the way home thought about the love dress. When she got home she got undressed, showered, put on her best perfume and expectantly waited for her husband, lying provocatively on the couch.

Finally her husband came home. He walked in and saw her naked on the couch.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"This is my love dress," she replied.

"Needs ironing," he says" "What's for dinner?"

19 minutes ago, TiTRD said:

Looks like 3/8" stone over a crappy subbase. Surprised that doesn't happen more often.

I bet there are 3-5 different sized stones up and down that driveway. About where I was standing to take that photo last night there is much bigger rock because that area at the bottom of the hill seems to sink a little each year. The washout only happens during a heavy rain and according to the news we got about 4" in a 5 hour period yesterday. It's the first one I've had in a couple years. The subbase is non-existent. The bottom of the washout is large 4-5 foot boulders. Basically gravel over the top of big rocks. I'll fill it and then spread a bag of quik-crete over the top and water it down to hold it in place.

If you arent gonna do it right atleast get the water off the driveway.  Put in a bar up top headed left between the tree and the rock. 

Edited by mike_belben

today already feels too long

Saw my big 10 this morning crossing my driveway. First time I've seen him in person, have pictures of him since I moved in

Cdy00005.JPG

Obituary for the guy I used to visit came out. Talked about a special visit from his dog. That's when I brought her in. That's sort of neat. Services are on Monday. Pondering if I should take some time off and attend.