SCF

Tewsday

I bet Trump's finger is just hovering over a little button that would send about 100 cruise missiles to random middle east cities.

I was in 8th grade and basically got a free day because they were trying to rally up buses to send us home. We stayed the whole day but didn't have classes. I walked home, per usual, and watched it on the news.

I remember exactly where I was. I was living in North Carolina and just came out of the pilot plant when Scott and Lewis caught me and told me I had to see what was going on. We had a small tv in the tooling room. No work got done that day at all.

I was in class in front of a computer trying to pull up stock prices. The internet was slow. When the homepage eventually loaded, I saw headline about a bomb exploded at the towers. More and more people in the class started reading the news reports they were getting from their computers.

Thought it was going to a rain day, so I slept in. Turns out I'm going in a bit late. Oh well.

I was a freshman in college. I was on the soccer field in surveying class. A poopty subaru came flying up to us, it was one of civil program assistants. He told us what happened. We had a few kids in the reserves in class, they were told to go home to their families ASAP. I believe one of them didn't finish that semester because of the pending war.

My CAD teacher that semester was a fighter pilot with VTANG. He disappeared for about a month following the attack. Couldn't tell us where he went.

I was 19 and unsure of what the world would become.

I filled up my truck and pulled about 3/4 of the cash I had out of the bank by 10:00. It was a lot.

I stood in our cafeteria with Flight 11's flight strip in my hand from the area supe.  Fawk that was humbling.  It'll be with me forever.

38 minutes ago, 79fordgirl said:

I was in 8th grade

that makes me feel creepy.

Replacing a fuel injector on a Chevy Blazer in auto shop. Kids that were in the school for class week stayed inside to watch people leap out of the buildings on TV. Us auto guys didn't have a classroom with TV so we just continued working on our vehicles like normal. Reality didn't really set in until after school and the next day when we were told it was Ogonowski that had died. I worked at a hardware store and his brother was the one that set all the scales for us. His house was on our route to school and they had a GIANT American flag hung there for as long as I can remember. 

marking trees.  back to my car for lunch, listened to the radio.  turned it off, went back into the woods to mark trees.

the property eventually became the site for the district's new middle school.

Sitting in the student center at college eating breakfast and studying for a morning exam.  That afternoon also happened to be my first day of employment as an aircraft mechanic at the local FBO...very eerie working at an airport when there are no planes flying.  Considering the sky was crystal clear blue sky and cloudless the airport would normally be buzzing with small planes...