Sign in to follow this  
jason m.

I beams or large square tube

Building a gantry crane, got the up rights the top I beam just looking for some leg sections. 

Something like 12'-14' or two sections of 6-7' I beam or 4x4 1/4" wall or 3x4ish 1/4 wall around the same length. 

My buddy closed his scrap yard so I dont access to parts like this anymore.

Asking here before I buy some. I have parts to trade or cash.

Jason.

Thanks Mike I got busy this week haven't followed threw on anything yet but if all else fails I will give them a call.

You used to be a good guy in getting parts like this lol.

Jason

I really dont know.  I hauled a few loads for someone else but didnt waste my time figuring it out, just gave him the checks and got my cut.  Things are per hundred weight here, like cattle.  And its a huge pain to scrap a car.  They make you do everything that a northern JY does before you bring it in.  No tires, no fluids, no refrigerant.  Yeah i wonder where ol clint ray is dumpin all that. 

I know that iron was falling when i was up in mass this summer and chets was sending it out as fast as possible. 

23 hours ago, jason m. said:

Thanks for that CR link, I did find some channel iron, now the hunt is on for decent wheels.

I have a set of big metal casters I bought off Belben a few years ago... Two fixed and two swivel. He says they came off a big dumpster.

I could be convinced to part with it them... I think I paid $100?

It's late, so I didn't want to text and I'm crazy busy at work, so I didn't want to wait and forget tomorrow.

They're 8"x2.5" casters... the top plates are around 5.25"x7.25".

6JGvUd7nO-Ot-c3Ygo-0jttU08OZpLAd79jndNCn

I have the 4th one, but it isn't in the picture. Is the same as the swivel caster on the right.