Sign in to follow this  
wetskier2000

North Shore Jeep shop???

Can you see THIS FB LINK?? It's from the group Guys Stuff 4 Sale Only - North Shore Massachusetts.

TL;DR - the guy was looking for recommended shops. Responses: Pioneer garage on Walnut Street in Peabody, Macmillan autobody in lynn, Silvestro's Garage in Rowley, Paradise Auto in Swampscott, Farms Full Service in Beverly Farms, Fastrack in Peabody...

And there are some others, but Pioneer in Peabody was recommended 3 times I think - that would be my first shot.

Pioneer closed many many moons ago...A decade or so.

What is the real expected outcome?  What year Jeep and so on...

http://www.thehonestengine.com/

not sure you could find a better man

not sure you could find a better owner 

not sure you could find a better shop

not sure you could find a better mechanic 

not sure you could find a more honest person to deal with

send your auto, know the job is done better than expected, pay the bill that is smaller than you expected, be happy! 

Honest Engine ain't gonna give you up
Honest Engine ain't gonna let you down
Honest Engine ain't gonna run around and desert you
Honest Engine ain't gonna make you cry
Honest Engine ain't gonna say goodbye
Honest Engine ain't gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We may make fun but the Honest Engine is no joke, and he's a Jeep guy.

Obviously would be my first choice... DUH!  Family friend in Swampscott needs front end checked, possible help with tire selection and future mild upgrades on an 04 TJ. She had googled Pioneer and I said... They are open again??

Well the front end I'll recommend Callahan's Auto - Woburn - yes , it's a small ride but they are my local honest mechanics - I've been going there for years for regular maintenance & repairs.  They are actually great friends of mine.

As for tire selection, we all know how that goes - is she looking for road, A/T or M/T?  Size?

Mods - such as?  2" lift of higher?

13 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Pioneer closed many many moons ago...A decade or so.

What is the real expected outcome?  What year Jeep and so on...

A version of Pioneer is still in PEABODY,  the young Phil from the original pioneer owns it I believe.   Heard good things about it still

Were they one of the victims of dealer downsizing about ten years ago?  I know lots of mom and pop jeep dealers went under around 2007 or so, including the one Krawler worked at.

Yes and no, they were never a full dealer, maybe a service center during the Chrysler years.   I think they were a WILLYS dealer, and maybe amc jeep way back.    But at some point Chrysler took the Jeep away from them,  they even had to take the word Jeep off their I’d sign (it’s hanging in my garage  now) from there I think it was a combination,  Phil the owner was getting older and was sick, so he sold it to the other Phil.  The sign in my garage is the one missing from the end of the top pic.

2022_F6_B3_4_BB0_4516_9073_FF0_CFD10_E5_
0_AA4_A440_2_BF3_45_D5_AF50_A5_B580_B19_ 

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2008/06/06/lost-amc-jeep-dealerships-peabody-massachusetts/