heavysquad

Rocky Mountain Terrain Park - Labor Day Weekend

I just rented a cabin for a week on Webb Lake in Weld. Wanted to take a ride by RMTP but never got around to it. A good 5 hours from my house but how are the trails?

3 hours ago, billyjp2 said:

I just rented a cabin for a week on Webb Lake in Weld. Wanted to take a ride by RMTP but never got around to it. A good 5 hours from my house but how are the trails?

I havent been in 2 years but that depends on how hard your looking for?  If you want buggy trails there isnt much but theres enough to keep ya busy for a day or two with anything less than that.

Its a good weekend excursion, plus its good to support a NE park!

Make SURE you have John cook for you.  Get his 'meals included' plan   He really should be working in a restaurant rather than running a park.

Whelp, I "wheeled" part of RMTP Sunday. My Samurai with poor steering, a slightly lifted 4 runner and a stock TJ. We never really wheeled any of the named trails. John was busy and the lady taking money's response to us asking what trail we should start on was "I drive a Forester" Most of the trails have a really aggressive hill climb at the start. I really want to ride along with some people that know WTF they are doing before I attempt them. Also, getting some more steering would be cool. 

The 4 runner broke a CV axle and fried the alternator on the drive back to Portland. The Jeep owner covered the jeep in mud and overheated every 4 miles after that. We borrowed a hose and cleaned out the radiator as best we could. I guess it was still over heating on the drive home to Boston.  The stop and go traffic and 91 degree heat didn't help. 

16 hours ago, bigjeep said:

I would go sometime, with you.

Know the place a bit.

That would be cool! Not sure when I can get there again, how often do you go? 

This place came up in our club discussions as a place we want to check out. Several were thinking Fall weekend trip to hit Rocky Mountain for a day and Jericho for a day.