Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

JAVA Update-skoolz me

So I get a prompt to update JAVA to Java 8. I read up on the pros and cons and yes it sounds like it's a good idea.  I clicky, rut-row. JAVA does not like Firefox. OK I close Firefox and open Chrome. I then google JAVA update and either get 3rd party sites that I'm not clicking on or the Oracle site that you need to be a total computer geek to read. What's my next step?

Thanks for the help. Rocks this morning, ski rack tonight.  My life now has meaning.

12 minutes ago, TiTRD said:

Give up anything to do with computers and stick to rocks?

But I need the computer to run the rock business.....such a cruel circle of life.

my husband has a rock business and he doesn't need java updates.

28 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

Agree

Trying the Stok iced Java for the first time this morning.  Wife loves it, more than the Starbucks.  Not sure I'm still on board with the whole ice coffee craze just yet.  Cold brew is tasty tho.  

i keep a bottle of Stok in my fridge. 

The only Java issue I run into is with GM's programming interface.  It has to be the latest and greatest every time, which typically means updating Java every time I do some programming.  I click on update and pray, and it usually turns out OK. 

I wonder why they use something that is so historically unstable, but heck, I'm just a mechanic.  My IRS auditor's husband doesn't have these kinds of problems.

15 hours ago, Juiceman said:

Every time you make a funny there are about 25 serious "you should do XXX" that are worth checking - and then you make a funny - like now - and its hilarious because of all your "you should do XXX" posts