Sign in to follow this  
heavysquad

Battery Packs

So I went 7days without power last week while camping. My cell phone lasted about 1.5 days. People had all sorts of battery packs they were using to recharge their phones and tablets etc. I don't really want to own any more batteries. So today I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-49-24-2371-M18-Power-Source/dp/B008PTP0SK

I will get it next monday, we will see how it goes. 

I also could have used this:

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-18-volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Jobsite/dp/B00ZMMHJSM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533235977&sr=8-3&keywords=milwaukee+18v+fan

Edited by heavysquad

*battery not included*

We will see! I wish my Milwaukee radio has a USB charger on it that worked off the battery. It has a 12v plug that only works when it's plugged into the wall.

Some cars have "power" sockets that are always live, so can charge stuff without the engine running/car on. With a regular cigarette lighter to USB power adapter you can plug into one of those and charge the phone in the car overnight...

JW

Edited by Jon W

I have that, never checked how long my phone would run off it or how many charges. I have a rechargeable battery pack I also use, get about 4 complete charges out of it.

13 hours ago, Jon W said:

Some cars have "power" sockets that are always live, so can charge stuff without the engine running/car on. With a regular cigarette lighter to USB power adapter you can plug into one of those and charge the phone in the car overnight...

JW

Pretty sure thats standard now, I've had one in my truck since 03'.

Newer cars and trucks are programmed to shut those outlets off.  Annoying, to me anyway.  I'd like to have the option to override it or have at least one that is always lit. 

No shortage of outlets in my GMC, there must be 8 or so USB ports, several cigar lighter sockets, and even a 110v outlet.  But they all shut off shortly after key off.

1 hour ago, Juiceman said:

Newer cars and trucks are programmed to shut those outlets off.  Annoying, to me anyway.  I'd like to have the option to override it or have at least one that is always lit. 

No shortage of outlets in my GMC, there must be 8 or so USB ports, several cigar lighter sockets, and even a 110v outlet.  But they all shut off shortly after key off.

Yep pisses me right off.

Surprised with all the bells and wifi in trucks these days,  the isn't a starter and a "house" battery.  

I'm still pretty excited about this adapter,  especially for times when I'm not near a truck like last week, boat access only. 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, Juiceman said:

*battery not included*

LOL, noticed that

On 8/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, toyworx said:

The real question is...will it power a cement tamper?

vibrator

There are concrete tampers, totally different animal. If your wife used it she would look like a road kill trash panda.

Edited by CJKarl