1 hour ago, Juiceman said:

excuse me while i whip this out obfuscate.

LOL!  Doesn't look like gawder8rs are allowed to be liked.  hmmm..

that is interesting.  leave it to homoZR2 to notice something like that.

2 hours ago, TiTRD said:

Mines in right now. :fangercrossed:

Needs more brakelines and a wheel bearing.

Technically speaking, NH and ME share reciprocity wrt inspections.  At least, last time I read the law on it, that's what it said.  I have only ever had one customer come to me with his ME plates and ask for an NH inspection sticker, citing this reciprocity.  I inspected it for him.  I sort of lost touch with him, not sure if he ever got popped or not.  I would assume he did, it's just one of those things that screams, "Pull me over."

27 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

Technically speaking, NH and ME share reciprocity wrt inspections.  At least, last time I read the law on it, that's what it said.  I have only ever had one customer come to me with his ME plates and ask for an NH inspection sticker, citing this reciprocity.  I inspected it for him.  I sort of lost touch with him, not sure if he ever got popped or not.  I would assume he did, it's just one of those things that screams, "Pull me over."

Does that mean I can get a ticket in NH if my my Maine car has an expired inspection sticker and or no inspection sticker? 

yes.  no.   maybe so.

i moved here from az in 2001, and i was a transient for several months while shopping for a house.  during that time, my AZ plates expired.  i also had dark tint on my windows, which was legal in AZ but obviously not here.  i was talking to a state trooper, who was testing me to give me my inspection license, and i told her my predicament.

she told me with a smile, "We don't enforce laws from other states.  If your AZ plates are expired, that's between you and AZ."  And I filled in the blanks from there. 

so, based on that advice, at least state troopers won't bag you if you are in nh on me plates with a bad sticker.  i can't speak to places like farmington and wakefield, their cops might do whatever they want, including gunning you down.

I believe Maine law allows out if state Insp only if you moved into our state until it expires at which you are already required to have maine registration and then Maine Insp thereafter. 

I've played the NH insp game for a couple years when I worked in NH but lived in ME. NH station didnt care as there was something in their manual that allowed them to inspect ME vehicles. It does NOT mean ME recognizes the inspection though. 

4 hours ago, heavysquad said:

Does that mean I can get a ticket in NH if my my Maine car has an expired inspection sticker and or no inspection sticker? 

It has been my understanding that the local (NH) police can’t enforce the inspection requirements of another state.  However they can still find fault in equipment like a light out or defective tires etc.  

I've been driving my Jeep "registered" in MA in CT for 8 years now.....:ph34r:...No worries.....