Sign in to follow this  
SCF

Tewsday

Guess the summer heat is moving back in. Waiting on my fabricator to get me another set of base stones. Hoping today.

I think you beat me to it today. Our periods have finally synced up.

Brutal hay day yesterday. Would have got five but I got a bad ball of twine so I have to go bale another 200 today. 1200 yesterday. And I got my first ticket in years. Hell the first time I got pulled over in years. No traffic 930 at night going down the hill to the lee circle. Who really cares that it drops to 30 a mile before the circle. Evidently lee PD does. I feel safer. 

Kicking myself this morning. Passed a house with a Honda riding mower out front. "FREE - WON'T START".

Pulled into work parking lot. Shut the engine off my truck. Paused a second. Started the truck. Headed back to the person's house. Free sign was gone. Knocked on the door and the guy said someone had claimed it and will be back by the end of the day.

DAMNIT

The kid is working on his free "Z" car.  Engine spins free and will fire on starting fluid, but we have a fuel delivery problem. Subscribed to AllData so he's slowly working his way through all the electricals. Good experience for him. Car sat for about 8 years and shows evidence of being a home for wayward critters.

I'm starting to feel like i'm coming down with the flue today. Fluke Flue that is....looks like i'll have to call in sick Friday. 

1 hour ago, calvynandhobbs said:

At Midway in Chicago eating breakfast before the final flight. 

Much nicer at Midway than O'Hare-at least I think so, lot smaller.

49 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Much nicer at Midway than O'Hare-at least I think so, lot smaller.

just don't leave the airport.  south chicago is a shathole.

MB Tractor recently bought out the local Kubota dealer. I ordered a new cross bar for my Woods brush hog over 2 weeks ago. I stopped in today to find out where it is. She called Woods, got tracking info. Only to find out that MB Tractor has all Woods parts shipped to their facility in NH before sending it here. Can't get ahold of anyone at MB in NH as they are all in training for the day. She did not seemed pleased with the way the new company is running things. Parts were always sent directly to the dealer, now they want to slow things down. They lost me for Woods parts.

7 minutes ago, 84cj said:

MB Tractor recently bought out the local Kubota dealer. I ordered a new cross bar for my Woods brush hog over 2 weeks ago. I stopped in today to find out where it is. She called Woods, got tracking info. Only to find out that MB Tractor has all Woods parts shipped to their facility in NH before sending it here. Can't get ahold of anyone at MB in NH as they are all in training for the day. She did not seemed pleased with the way the new company is running things. Parts were always sent directly to the dealer, now they want to slow things down. They lost me for Woods parts.

I've met the HR person for MB Tractor.  I can share with her if you want?

Was at MB in plaistow over the weekend for mower parts.  Was a complete poop show and half the parts are not correct even with all the info for a tractor that was purchased from them