Sign in to follow this  
calvynandhobbs

Up too early for a Saturday

Figured i’d start today off since I’m up to bring the wife to PVD. I have a lot I need to get done today, but right now I’m thinking nap later. I don’t function well on 4 hours sleep.

Going to kill trees, hopefully finish this job and move on!

Joint off the curbing i finished yesterday. Start prepping the walk area.

Edited by CJKarl

Woke up to a black bear banging around a wooden bird feeder on the front porch. First wildlife other than a squirrel I've seen at the new house. That was neat. A lot smaller than what I was expecting. 

1 hour ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

Woke up to a black bear banging around a wooden bird feeder on the front porch. First wildlife other than a squirrel I've seen at the new house. That was neat. A lot smaller than what I was expecting. 

Looking for a pick-a-nic basket?

Was out in the driveway helping the kid and his friends put the rebuilt engine back in the Miata. We finished the bolt in by midnight. Now all he has to do is the plug ins, hoses, fluids, etc. He's determined to take it to the car show at Pinkerton Academy. He's the president of the carclub. If you're interested the show is tomorrow from 10 to 2 at Pinkerton in Derry. They are raising money for a local veterans assistance group. 

OMFG female angst.  Cripes.  Jake is in China on work, his girlfriend is staying with is because of shiity home setting (long story) for the summer.  Now he may be extended from 3 to 5 weeks.  The moping has begun.  JFC, get over it.  I'm overjoyed for the kid(kid, hah he's 22), and he's loving it over there.  such it up buttercup, it's gonna get bumpy.

1 hour ago, SCF said:

OMFG female angst.  Cripes.  Jake is in China on work, his girlfriend is staying with is because of shiity home setting (long story) for the summer.  Now he may be extended from 3 to 5 weeks.  The moping has begun.  JFC, get over it.  I'm overjoyed for the kid(kid, hah he's 22), and he's loving it over there.  such it up buttercup, it's gonna get bumpy.

Pics of future daughter in law?

Got both side mirrors replaced on the truck. The Chinese ones were almost the same price for the pair as just a single and the ones I ordered also had puddle lights, which my old ones did not. I didn't expect the puddle lights to work since my truck didn't come with them, but they must all come from the factory with the same harness so now I have puddle lights when I open the doors. I didn't have heated mirrors either so it will be interesting to see if that now works too. Heading to a friend's for some steaks for lunch and then probably mow the yard or put the trailer back together or both. We'll see how the day goes.

4 hours ago, CJKarl said:

Joint off the curbing.

Smoking that stuff in public legal there now?

Lost 7 chickens this week. Two tough old pregnant doges still hanging on. Guess it's time to stay up with the shotgun.

3 minutes ago, 90Amigo said:

Lost 7 chickens this week. Two tough old pregnant doges still hanging on. Guess it's time to stay up with the shotgun.

We've had a few fox around. Red and gray. Bastids.

1 hour ago, CJKarl said:

Pics of future daughter in law?

Don't make me come down there and let you kick my ass.

lol

is he getting some phat hazardous duty pay or whatever while he's gone?  she can at least look forward to a huge paycheck, if nothing else.