rickb

Shelter / Garage - Gauging interest

Upgrading to something bigger... 

12 Wx20 Dx8 ' h round Quick Shelter fabric building.  Front zippers on door are blow out, I just hold it down with blocks.  Rear wall has vent. Color is Green to blend in to the woods. 

Pretty HD model (not harbor freight). Has done great with snow load. I've had it for 20 years  for Jeep storage. Cover is newer. 

Admins delete if people complain... 

Can't delete post. Jumped the gun, still researching options and worried about permitting.

I want a steel prefab fully enclosed 'carport'. I can hide it on my property but can't permit it on proximity to boundary and wetlands probably and not sure if neighbor will complain... 

Discuss... 

Rick

there may be a size limitation in your town but if the structure is not permanent it generally doesn't need permitting

What are you looking to get for this one?  I realize you're still speculating...

I think I'm going to go down the 'bigger' shelter route. This style building has served me well and not as intrusive as the steel box. I did some checking and town wants permits for sheds and carports. I don't want to drop $8k then get a cease and desist... 

I'll take $300 for my building. Looks like around $1300+ freight retail. It's basically this one without the skylight panel.  The door zippers on the front panel are bad. I just leave them unzipped for ventilation and weigh it down... 

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_garages_vehicle_storage;pgpb01000r4n_PB01000R4N.html

I'll take it.

fawk him.  cash in hand.

:flip:

5 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

fawk him.  cash in hand.

:flip:

fawn you flatr8fawk

yeah fred.  

see, what's going to happen is fred will buy it, use my truck and trailer to move it, I'll probably have to help him set it up, and 6 months from now, he'll sell it to me for $50.

let's just cut the middleman out of this deal, fred.

Ok fine, you buy it.

You're probably right anyway. :)  Seriously, do eeeet.  I was going to put the bug and Harley in it..but the more I think about it, the less I want the bike in there.

13 minutes ago, SCF said:

Ok fine, you buy it.

You're probably right anyway. :)  Seriously, do eeeet.  I was going to put the bug and Harley in it..but the more I think about it, the less I want the bike in there.

Just cause it is at JFN's doesn't mean you can't sneak your stuff in there when he isn't looking. Just leave a $20 on the dresser afterwards....

Edited by Jon W

Actually an effective way to hide the new toys. 

Rick, I'll take it.  When do you need it gone?  Is it disassembled and ready to pile into a truck bed or trailer, or do I need to bring tools and extra hands?