Sign in to follow this  
leafspringsrule89yj

Cupsuptic lake and campground.

Was just thinking about making a trip again so I'll tell ya what I know. It's not alot. Lol. Stumbled across this place when on a wondering vacation. Just needed a place for the night. Main grounds on the lake looks pretty nice and clean. But we stayed off site in their wilderness sites. They are miles from the actual campground off a bunch off logging roads. We stayed at the fox pond. Only 2 sites there. #3 (one we had) on top of a little hill. Good sizes, flat and clean.  Pond was right next to.us down a hill. #4 was about 50 yards away and never really heard them at all. Outhouse between the 2 sites. For a super cheap site ($12 then) out in nothingville, it was pretty nice place. Moose just wandering the streets. Some nice fishing in the area.

www.cupsupticcampground.com 

Cool, except the name sounds like a bad medical condition.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:00 PM, leafspringsrule89yj said:

Was just thinking about making a trip again so I'll tell ya what I know. It's not alot. Lol. Stumbled across this place when on a wondering vacation. Just needed a place for the night. Main grounds on the lake looks pretty nice and clean. But we stayed off site in their wilderness sites. They are miles from the actual campground off a bunch off logging roads. We stayed at the fox pond. Only 2 sites there. #3 (one we had) on top of a little hill. Good sizes, flat and clean.  Pond was right next to.us down a hill. #4 was about 50 yards away and never really heard them at all. Outhouse between the 2 sites. For a super cheap site ($12 then) out in nothingville, it was pretty nice place. Moose just wandering the streets. Some nice fishing in the area.

www.cupsupticcampground.com 

How was fox pond?  Could you swim in it? I like remote sites you can drive to. We used to take a boat to a site on south arm,  but last year they said it was too windy to ferry is out there and wouldn't refund our deposit.  

Not really what the name suggest. Was only about 8" deep in the middle and full of leeches. We put the canoe in thinking it would get deeper. Nope. And it doesn't lead anywhere to paddle to. There was moose about though. The river is right on the other side and is a short ish walk with a canoe. You can see it pretty good on google maps. It's been a few years since I've been up. The campground beach is alright too. But the area has a few lakes near by that are nice also. 

Pointer is where (if I remember right) we stayed. Other site was up near the top of the clearing. Both were in the trees not the clearing. Still worth 22 bucks to me. 

Screenshot_20180530-165537.png