Sign in to follow this  
SKEETER

Best Scan Tool(s)

If you were setting up a shop what would you get to top line scan tool or tools?  Looking for make and model and ideally price.  Is the Snap On tool still the go to?

Snap On is the tool to get.  It's as good an aftermarket tool as you can get.

The progressive shops are collecting OEM scan tools.  I use OEM style tools for VW, Audi, Volvo, GM, Saab.  They are not always easy to navigate, the learning curve is steep.  This is where Snap On has the advantage, the GUI is consistent across all the brands, you just may run into functions that you need that Snappy does not have.

Programming is a whole nubber topic altogether.

I have been using Verus for about ten years now, I'm on the latest iteration of it.  My recollection is that the whole package was about 5k, including lab scope and accessories.

55 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

I have been using Verus for about ten years now, I'm on the latest iteration of it.  My recollection is that the whole package was about 5k, including lab scope and accessories.

Is that the latest and greatest Snappy scanner?  I assumed around 5k for one.  Just a drop in the bucket-I have around $450k right now in equipment to build this 8 bay demo training dealership.  That's just equipment and lifts and boxes.  Doesn't include the actual construction of the building inside the 300k sqft warehouse.  Once done phase two will be another 10-20k sqft for a heavy truck demo training shop.

Snappy just came out with a new one in advertising last week, called Apollo, but I think it's still a step below Verus.  Verus retails fr $9800 on the website.  Apollo doesn't have a price, but it has fewer features, so it will probably be at the 5k price point.