Sign in to follow this  
sidriptide

campground suggestions for NH?

i'd like to find a campground somewhere in southern/central NH to take the family for a week this summer.

we have a basic pop-up and 2 little kids so i would like electrical, but clean bathroom/shower houses are a requirement. a pool and/or lake for swimming.  playground would be nice.  i'd plan to stay in camp a couple days and road trip to see NH a couple days. id rather stay south of the White mountain area and drive north, rather than drag the entire entourage too far into the bigger hills.

i havent been to the White Mountains area in close to 20 years and back then it was 2 of us in a Jeep and we stayed at random campgrounds and even a couple times off some desolate logging roads we found. so i dont really have any recent knowledge of the area beyond the basic geography.

i plan to see Mt Washington, Canon Mt, and the Flume.... maybe one of the amusement places like Santa's land to keep the little ones from a mutiny, but mostly outdoor easy hiking stuff.

there are tons of campgrounds to be found online but i figured i'd look for any personal favorites.  electrical isnt a "must" but it would mean less trips to the local coffee shop in the morning if i could brew coffee.

thanks!!

Consider looking for someplace with a cottage or cabin rental option. That can be very convenient with small kids if you want electrical and clean/private bathrooms.

White Lake State Park in Tamworth is a great deal. Not too far, has a great lake/beach that is private to the park. Many attractions are reasonable drive.

We've been staying at https://timberlandcampgroundnh.com/ the past few years and really enjoy it.  We rent 1 of there campers for the week so we can tow the jeep up for local driving and wheeling up at Jericho State Park.  Story Land and Santa's Village are roughly 45-60 mins away as well as many of the other touristy places.  My girls are 6 & 7 and love it.

Gitchee-Goomy in Ossipee - pretty central for exploring

If you can get in, Russel Pond for the 93 corridor.

Don't leave out Vermont State Parks. They are incredibly clean and reasonable. 

Molly Stark State Park meets all your requirements but swimming. But there are two lakes within 5 minutes of the park. It's also not too far from your house.