TJeepGuy

Monday Again

Here we are once again boys and girls. Another Monday, another impending Snowpocolipse. Got a little prep to finish up this morning but in pretty good shape.

In other news, my youngster is participating in a Skills USA auto mechanics completion. He's the first junior to go from Pinkerton. 

Congrats on the youngin competing. Guess I’ll be gassing the tractor and doing a little prep, but not much. We’ve gotten lucky in my neck of CT. Rain the entire first storm and a snow/rain mix on the last one that kept accumulation low. This one looks like we’re going to get it pretty good. I may start the generator tonight just so I won’t need it.

Off to kill trees, big beautiful trees. Nicest lot I've cut in a LONG LOONNG time!:dwarf:

Off to bang on rocks. Damn peepers were out yesterday. Swamp is covered in snow with pools of open water.  How is a damn amphibian able to function in 30 something degree water?

Weather Channel seems to think it's not going to drop below 32* until Wed. night.  All rain works for me.

At the office today. I'll leave early to make up for being late.

New track coming in for my sled today. I'll be installing that tonight, already tore the sled apart yesterday.

Estimating 5-8 inches of snow and a high temp of 29* during the day, 1-3 inches to fall at night. Lame.

Work and gym today.

Memorial service is tomorrow. I want to go, not sure if I should. 

Edited by 79fordgirl

Apparently we're going to get hammered down here. 12-18" with localized areas of 22". Blizzard-like conditions. Blech. Handy since the plow truck is down. 

6 minutes ago, LizaYJ said:

Apparently we're going to get hammered down here. 12-18" with localized areas of 22". Blizzard-like conditions. Blech. Handy since the plow truck is down. 

Yup. I guess I can look forward to having the day called off tomorrow at work. Not looking forward to the clean up though. 

9 minutes ago, LizaYJ said:

You'll use any excuse to drink

Edited by JayZR2

First day as an unemployed slacker... Guess I'll go out on the river again.

1 hour ago, CJKarl said:

Weather Channel seems to think it's not going to drop below 32* until Wed. night.  All rain works for me.

I haven't seen any reports of rain yet. According to this map you may be on the line for a little less than what I'm supposed to get. I'm looking forward to it. I bought that 4wd tractor and really haven't been able to test it yet this year.

No automatic alt text available.