Sign in to follow this  
wetskier2000

Tree damage....

So they arsehole neighbor's tree falls on my barn. Yes, these are the same trees he complained about me trimming that turd on my driveway every spring and smell like turd. (google Bradford Pear). There appears to be minimal damage to the barn and my some miracle it looks like none of the branches went thru the TJ's soft top that also got tagged. But wait there's more...

The arsehole neighbor's kid comes over that is in the tree business and says he'll take it down. I'm thinking, why in the fawking world would I sign up for that with a family that has sued us, dragged us to the town, the state and any other fawking authority that could come into the pea-sized brains??? I might as well just put the revolver with 1 round in it to my own head and start clicking!!!

I'm not done yet... I call State Farm to see what they say... This is really the best part!!! That fawking tree and the damage???? IT"S MY FAWKING RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I have a 1400 deductible).

Edited by wetskier2000

Unless you can prove* that the tree was rotten and the owner was negligent in keeping it up.  In Maine you can cut any limbs that hang over your tree line.  

*probably have to sue him to prove it, if there is any evidence.  

The neighbor of my rental property has a tree that is rotten.  It's going to come down in a windstorm someday, and only luck will dictate whose house it hits, mine or his.

I told him about it via FB message, and he shrugged it off.  So I'm keeping a copy of that conversation in the safe.

3 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Like your good neighbors, State Farm is there 

That's some high quality prose right thar!

12 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Like your good neighbors, State Farm is there - Jake must be a crack head...

Well, he lives in Lawrence, so....

Did your insurance say they won't allow a claim, or that you're responsible for the deductible, and you're sure it won't come to $1400?

Insurance should cover remediation/repair.... so removal of the tree and property damage repair (do you need to replace damaged trim? Repaint because of marks? damage to fence? etc...)

You'd have to go after the neighbor to get your deductible $ back,  which would probably be small claims court, but the insurance co should go after him for the rest of it.

3 minutes ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

One of the kids that held a knife to my throat to take my wallet was from there. Fun times.

@wetskier2000 bang the kids mom

I get to pay the deductible.

I wouldn't fawk her with your dick.

31 minutes ago, wetskier2000 said:

I get to pay the deductible.

I wouldn't fawk her with your dick.

She could blow you.

8 minutes ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

Who? Me? Or you? Or him? Blow who with who's dick?

Yes

18 hours ago, Jon W said:

Did your insurance say they won't allow a claim, or that you're responsible for the deductible, and you're sure it won't come to $1400?

Insurance should cover remediation/repair.... so removal of the tree and property damage repair (do you need to replace damaged trim? Repaint because of marks? damage to fence? etc...)

You'd have to go after the neighbor to get your deductible $ back,  which would probably be small claims court, but the insurance co should go after him for the rest of it.

I have never seen an insurance Co. that will do more with a tree than take it off your roof...No cleanup. And agree that unless you can prove notification of dangerous tree, whoever it falls on pays....