CJKarl

THURSDAY

Off to an all day seminar in Bridgeport. 

It' a CT Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects program and they do a nice job with these events. It's an accredited continuing education series on permeable paving and various water control methods. 

Had a nice little campfire last night. Dog still smells smoky. Prepping 2 houses to sell, 1 to settle an estate and 1 for a job transfer. Lots of little honey do items. These will keep me out of trouble.

Lots of things going on at work today and then meeting a few guys for pizza after work since the wife has her own dinner plans. Got the lecture about my Jeep is taking forever and I need to put new ceiling tiles in the basement this winter so I guess I'll be doing that soon.

1 hour ago, calvynandhobbs said:

Got the lecture about my Jeep is taking forever .

Unless it has been five years and there is still no progress, tell her to shut her blow hole.

But honestly, how can a hobby or enjoyment have a time limit? That doesn't make sense.

Edited by 79fordgirl

27 minutes ago, heavysquad said:

Just say you want it to be safe, would be a real shame if it caused a horrific crash and killed us both.

I like that and may have to use it the next time she brings it up. I agree with you Rachel, it is a hobby that I enjoy and wrenching is a stress relief for me.

Took yesterday off to take my mother for a doctor appointment. Was nice to spend time with her solo.

Dentist this morning....went ok, but needed full xrays...glad work just added full dental. Sure glad they don't do film any more, those things were sharp.

115 hours until vacation starts.

What is the average life expectancy of a horse?

13 minutes ago, sachilles said:

What is the average life expectancy of a horse?

Until it dies.

This horse should go until he's mid 30's, as long as he doesn't have a freak accident. The oldest horse I knew was 44. Ponies live longer because they are not ridden as much or at all, so there is not as much physical break down. But just like people, genetics, overall health, exercise all play a role into how long they're going to live.

I'm officially licensed to serve alcohol in the state of Vermont.

My friends own a brewery in town and asked me to get my certificate to help out up there on weekends.