CJKarl

Paypal question

So a woman just offered me $500 for the armoire . She lives about 20 minutes from me, but is working out of state. She offered to paypal me the $500. I have a paypal account but have rarely used it. How long would it take for the money to be in my account and at that point could she pull some scam BS?

You have nothing to lose here, in my opinion.  You're giving away the armoire.  I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, like "I'll wire you $4000 and you just need to send me back $3500 via paypal" or some shiit.

4 minutes ago, wetskier2000 said:

"I'm out of state right now".

1st red flag. BUT, this is through FB yard sale so the wife was able to go to her profile . She looks like a legit normal person.

Credit card companies are the same way.  I had a guy reverse charges on a $1000 repair bill a couple months ago.  He authorized the repair, was happy to pay the bill, etc. but the big picture was that his truck was falling apart and needed much more work, so he had some buyer's remorse after the fact.  Called the CC company and said I misled him, etc.   I ended up prevailing on that one, but they yanked the $1000 out of my account without even telling me, just YOINK and a letter in the mail a couple days later telling me how I could appeal it. 

Dickhead.  I felt like driving to his house, taking my water pump, battery, hoses, etc. out of it, and leaving the fawking thing where it sat.  Fortunately the CC saw it my way and gave me the money back, just a few days ago.

7 minutes ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

PP usually sides with the buyer. Like, 95% of the time. 

PP always sides with Dave on his sales. 

Edited by 79fordgirl

So she wants to do it as "goods and services " to hold it, send a friend over to eyeball it, then release the funds to my account. 

Really I have nothing to loose.

It also means she can process a return up to 45 days later.

You would be on the hook to ship it back... and would have to have proof of shipping.

Still nothing to lose, where you were giving it away