CJKarl

THURSDAY

Just now, dkj1028 said:

could previous manager have done his math wrong? 

Home today, snowmobiling tonight

I just did the math and got 518T, so I'm right on.

Job is paid off truck slips, so what physically shows up on the job is paid. Pretty fool proof.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-455-18-in-bar-55-5-cc-2-cycle-18-in-Gas-Chainsaw/1000142587

Anyone familiar with chainsaws? I'm going to need one. I've got ~$250 in gift cards for Lowe's, and Dad is a vet so he'll get 10% off. For cutting a grapple load and basic use for ~20 acres of woods, the Husky 455 decent? 

I've sworn off box-store equipment myself, so I'm no help here.  Except that you get a saw that has a good name, and that good name built it specifically for that price point for that store.  Cutting corners where they saw fit, to make that price point.

Just now, SCF said:

I've sworn off box-store equipment myself, so I'm no help here.  Except that you get a saw that has a good name, and that good name built it specifically for that price point for that store.  Cutting corners where they saw fit, to make that price point.

^ This   Husqvarna makes a good saw, but I don't know if you're getting the same saw that you'd get at a dealer. I would  have to look Lowes' price compared to others. If it's the same price Husqvarna hasn't cut corners just to meet a price point for Lowes. Lowes has just opted to provide a good saw in relation to the cheaper Poulons and cheaper saws they also carry

49 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

i chaperoned a number of teen dances and other social events over the years.  i am always amazed at the lengths these kids will go to, trying to slip a cawk in some 14yo girl behind a curtain.  and the number of 14yo girls that are willing to let them do it.  we had to be very diligent watching the dark corners of the facility.

Surprised?!?!? What were you trying to do at 14?

daydreaming about it, but never succeeding.  kids are more successful these days than i ever was.

2 hours ago, SCF said:

That has got to be the biggest turd I have ever taken. It breached the water.

You're welcome.

Free Willy

10 minutes ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

That's where I get stuck. 

So, a Husky 455 from Lowe's would be different that a Husky 455 from a dealer?

Not sure if this is a myth or not, but I certainly wouldn't buy a professional series from a box store. This isn't a pro saw.

I have a the same saw from a husky dealer. No issues with it.

The 455 is still what husky is making as a cheap homeowners saw. Same as the rancher before it.  No matter who you buy it from.

Odd snow out there and everything is encased in ice.

6 minutes ago, JM93LiftedYJ said:

That's where I get stuck. 

So, a Husky 455 from Lowe's would be different that a Husky 455 from a dealer?

The price at Lowes is the same price as other places, including the Husky dealer page so I would venture to guess you're getting the same saw no matter you buy it from.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/chainsaws/455-rancher/965030290/

if it's the same price as the dealer, buy it from the dealer and use the cards/discount on something else.  I can guarantee you'll get MUCH more satisfactory support from the dealer.

Just now, SCF said:

if it's the same price as the dealer, buy it from the dealer and use the cards/discount on something else.  I can guarantee you'll get MUCH more satisfactory support from the dealer.

I do agree with this and you're supporting a neighbor. 

I could swing by the Stihl dealer, but the money just isn't in that cards for us right now. I was turning in my credit card point for Lowe's cards awhile back, and I want to use them. But, I need a saw and I have the cards/discount.

I don't think there is a Husky dealer closeby.