Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

Thr

Looked at mine the other day.  It's pulling away from the house at the top.  Not sure what to do

40 minutes ago, massxj said:

Looked at mine the other day.  It's pulling away from the house at the top.  Not sure what to do

Sometimes they more and bit over the decades and never move again. One thing you could do if it seems only minor is measure the gap, write it down and measure it 12 months. See if it's moving. If your getting water in the house then you should do something about it. Easiest way is to build an angle iron bracket and lag it to some substantial framing then re-trim as necessary to keep the water out.

Shrink wrapping an F350 front to store out side and putting tools away, my whole welding bench is covered at this point. Defiantly time to clean up around the welding shop. Might cut some wood too.

Ready to head to work, but I have to mark trees real quick before I head in for Frank to cut. 4-5 standing dead need to come down and another 8-9 need to be trimmed. The 120 ft tulip will come down as soon as he can get a climber lined up.

Back at work. Need to change a belt on the snow blower tonight. 

Wife loaded the wood insert last night before coming to bed, never turned the fan on. :banghead: Was cool in the house this morning. 

8 minutes ago, jeeping1974 said:

Wife loaded the wood insert last night before coming to bed, never turned the fan on. :banghead: Was cool in the house this morning. 

My wife said she was going to keep the wood boiler going today. So far she's set the fire alarm off 3 times and had the fire department at the house twice. I've shown her a couple times now the order of the manual damper and opening the door, but she tries to restock it too often rather than waiting to let it die down. We've got a security system on the house so if she doesn't answer their call about the alarm they automatically call the fire department. We'll see how it goes today.

9 minutes ago, calvynandhobbs said:

My wife said she was going to keep the wood boiler going today. So far she's set the fire alarm off 3 times and had the fire department at the house twice. I've shown her a couple times now the order of the manual damper and opening the door, but she tries to restock it too often rather than waiting to let it die down. We've got a security system on the house so if she doesn't answer their call about the alarm they automatically call the fire department. We'll see how it goes today.

Geez Roger. I'm happy that mine actually reloaded it to keep it going. 

20 minutes ago, calvynandhobbs said:

Well that's stressful