Sign in to follow this  
rvgjeep1

HP sucks

After hating my Epson410 printer (worst of the worst) and throwing off the sun deck into the driveway, I went to buy something new. I went to Wally world (my favorite store in America) and asked the kid what the best $50 printer was. He said the HP2652 was by far the best. So,  bring it home, un pack it and plug it in and the thing lights up for a moment and then nothing. I called HP support tonight and the system they use sucks, they directed me to the PC group and not the printer group and tried to blame me for the mix up.

So after finally getting support on the line, it goes like this.

Is it plugged in

Yes

Can you plug it in somewhere else

Yes

Did that work

No

Can you plug it in somewhere else

Yes, but I wont. I know there is power, can you help me or not?

No, those printers all have bad power supplies you need to return it to the store.

Wife bought an Epsom 630. Garbage. Stupid thing keeps going offline every time after we're done using it. Any time I need to print, I have to delete it and reinstall it. Only takes about 2m, but what a pain in the bum. 

8 hours ago, GSSFC said:

Increase your budget.  Ya get what you pay for 

I've always bough the cheaper printers and with the exception of the last one they've all lasted years.

You had me at $50 printer.  We have an HP Workforce 3640, hasn't failed us yet.  Only thing that pisses me off is that you cannot print at all if one of the colors is empty.  Fawkin thing should allow me to print B&W in that case, but noooooooooo...

13 minutes ago, SCF said:

You had me at $50 printer.  We have an HP Workforce 3640, hasn't failed us yet.  Only thing that pisses me off is that you cannot print at all if one of the colors is empty.  Fawkin thing should allow me to print B&W in that case, but noooooooooo...

I bet there's a setting to get around that.

11 minutes ago, SCF said:

googled it, it's by design...bet you can guess why...

Because some people like it in the butt?

About 16 yrs ago I spent  $300 on an office grade HP 4050TN laserJet, used on eBay... put a toner cartridge and new rollers in it and it still prints awesome. Put more than a case of paper through it, printed wedding invitations, and it has envelope slots and duplexer. And it just works.

Go look for a used office grade printer and you can probably give it to your kids when you die.

Edited by Jon W

I went to lasers years back, too.  Color lasers are cheap now, there's really no reason to keep on buying inkjet cartridges.

1. Shop somewhere else that sells quality printers, such as Staples.

2. Spend slightly more an $50.

all I've ever had are HP printers. Never a problem.