heavysquad

ISO flare/bending tools, fuel line

Just broke the hard line on my 89 Civic project. looks like making a new line is my only route.  Thought I would check here before buying new. 

check local antique place that has tools. Got my flaring tool like that, stout piece for $10, puts the new doo-dee to shame.

Anyone used the Eastwood setup?  I keep eyeing it.

That is a great tool, I've been using that kit for ten years or more.  Just last week, however, mine STB.  Out of the blue, the hydraulic pump stopped working.  That's what has me looking for a replacement, a new kit is $400.  The Eastwood thing is less than $200.  Will probably end up buying both, the hydraulic has its place, as you said, on the car.  There are times when I also make a line on the bench, and the Eastwood device would just be simpler and faster.  The downside of the hydraulic thing is that it takes three hands, it can be little unwieldy switching dies and stuff.

6 hours ago, Juiceman said:

That is a great tool, I've been using that kit for ten years or more.  Just last week, however, mine STB.  Out of the blue, the hydraulic pump stopped working.  That's what has me looking for a replacement, a new kit is $400.  The Eastwood thing is less than $200.  Will probably end up buying both, the hydraulic has its place, as you said, on the car.  There are times when I also make a line on the bench, and the Eastwood device would just be simpler and faster.  The downside of the hydraulic thing is that it takes three hands, it can be little unwieldy switching dies and stuff.

Fix the hydraulic pump, it's very basic stuff. Or sell it to me as is.

lol

i'll fix it, someday. 

was thinking of getting another one just like it, so i have two sets of dies.

Just buy the dies, they're on Amazon.

I had to fix my pump too. Died after 8 years of stainless use.