Sign in to follow this  
preach

Todd's Touch, Somersworth, NH

Recommended Posts

Took my car to Todd's Touch to get the limo tint off of the driver and passenger windows last Friday.  They did it fast and cheap, so I picked the car up that afternoon.  Sweet.

Come Saturday, in a different light, I notice a bunch of minor scratches on the driver's door that were not there before.  Sadly he was closed.  I missed going back yesterday, but made it this afternoon.

So I get his attention and pull him away from the customers in his shop.  I explain the situation and that I am not mad, and do not want anything.  I just wanted to point it out and ask him WTF?

He was complimenting my car, denied that he'd done it, then went in to get the employee that did the work.  He comes out with her and now has an adjustable wrench in his hand.  Been doing this for 30 years, etc.

I said looks like a wedding ring or something, as they were light scratches.  Shows me no ring and denies it again.

I explain again that I did not come looking for any recompense and that I begged to differ.  Well, he starts getting rude, pointed out some bird poop that some seagull blessed me with today, and starts rambling about someone else doing it.

Well, I had had enough and I said: "Fine, but I think you are full of poop."

He damning LOSES it, starts hopping up and down screaming "LIAR, LIAR, LIAR (repeat about 50 times), nice HONDA", "Your on damning camera right now", on and on, as he heads back to his shop. So I ask him to go damn himself, mildly heated, and hop in the car to leave.

I back out turn 180* and as I am waiting for traffic, he comes back out again screaming "See ya, LIAR LIAR LIAR."  I gave him a single finger salute and calmly drove off.

Very very sad professionalism.

Christ damn I was in tears laughing the whole way home.

Do not recommend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, preach said:

Took my car to Todd's Touch to get the limo tint off of the driver and passenger windows last Friday.  They did it fast and cheap, so I picked the car up that afternoon.  Sweet.

Come Saturday, in a different light, I notice a bunch of minor scratches on the driver's door that were not there before.  Sadly he was closed.  I missed going back yesterday, but made it this afternoon.

So I get his attention and pull him away from the customers in his shop.  I explain the situation and that I am not mad, and do not want anything.  I just wanted to point it out and ask him WTF?

He was complimenting my car, denied that he'd done it, then went in to get the employee that did the work.  He comes out with her and now has an adjustable wrench in his hand.  Been doing this for 30 years, etc.

I said looks like a wedding ring or something, as they were light scratches.  Shows me no ring and denies it again.

I explain again that I did not come looking for any recompense and that I begged to differ.  Well, he starts getting rude, pointed out some bird turd that some seagull blessed me with today, and starts rambling about someone else doing it.

Well, I had had enough and I said: "Fine, but I think you are full of turd."

He damning LOSES it, starts hopping up and down screaming "LIAR, LIAR, LIAR (repeat about 50 times), nice HONDA", "Your on damning camera right now", on and on, as he heads back to his shop. So I ask him to go damn himself, mildly heated, and hop in the car to leave.

I back out turn 180* and as I am waiting for traffic, he comes back out again screaming "See ya, LIAR LIAR LIAR."  I gave him a single finger salute and calmly drove off.

Very very sad professionalism.

Christ damn I was in tears laughing the whole way home.

Do not recommend...

Sounds like Jerry's mechanic buddy from cross town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Todds touch of Somersworth NH is not a place you would do business again.    Todd's touch gave a less than average service.  Todds's touch sucks?  Todd's touch fails to perform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preach: "Don't fawking touch me! Todd."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he an oompa-loompa orange dude with the white Smart car and the giant white jacked up truck?

He litters the area with plastic signs tacked to utility poles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad touch BAD TOUCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this makes me sad.

 

good service is the easiest thing to do in the whole place, and it doesn't cost a nickel to give it away.

 

"I'm sorry, I'll have my detail guy buff that out for you" would be one answer that would go a long way toward ending on a positive note. 

 

shakes head.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juiceman said:

this makes me sad.

 

good service is the easiest thing to do in the whole place, and it doesn't cost a nickel to give it away.

 

"I'm sorry, I'll have my detail guy buff that out for you" would be one answer that would go a long way toward ending on a positive note. 

 

shakes head.

 

 

That's why some of us drive a couple of hours to get serviced by you.  You are always willing to buff poop up!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

 

i wasn't patting myself on the back.  i am just always amazed at how quickly a shop owner can damn up the service experience with their ego, or whatever it is.  if you want to make sure the customer never comes back and spends money, and tells everyone he knows what a dickhead you are, that's the way to do it.  you almost can't spend enough money on advertising and promotion to undamn an experience like that, it's just crazy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juiceman said:

lol

 

i wasn't patting myself on the back.  i am just always amazed at how quickly a shop owner can damn up the service experience with their ego, or whatever it is.  if you want to make sure the customer never comes back and spends money, and tells everyone he knows what a dickhead you are, that's the way to do it.  you almost can't spend enough money on advertising and promotion to undamn an experience like that, it's just crazy to me.

I know what you mean. Show the guys true intelligence. He could have even told you to fawk off and still done it in a professional way. Not like a spoiled 10 year old. Video of that would be priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this