10 members have voted

1. 1. What T-case would you run?

• NP205
    • D300
    • NP241
    • Sell a kidney and buy an Atlas
    • FOP
    • Other

OH you mean disconnect.  I thought you meant split the case halves.  There are 2 low kits.  I don't know about front dig.  I haven't had great luck with front dig...I usually scattered parts of some sort.  Rear low I was fine with 99.9% of the time.  Atlas = ~$2500-$3000, can be long lead time, and usually not local.  NP241 = $50-$200 and endless cheap supply local.

No a 241 is a planetary case.  Both ends are in high or low.  

A 300 can select high/n/low for front and rear independantly.   Weld the front, run twisty hubs and leave the rear axle open with the d300.  On the road its great, no locker. On class 6 stuff you twist one hub.. On hard stuff twist both.  

If you need to swing it around, front high/rear low and cutting brake.  Rear Arb would be the cats meow

Roy means RWD low, FWD low, 4WD low, RWD high, FWD high (pretty useless), or 4WD high.  Not to mix ranges.  I know you can install a kit to get RWD low.  Not sure about FWD low.

I did the Dana 300 with a 4to1 thing I broke a gear not the stock output shaft. I am at 117 to 1 and idle 99% of the time. When I broke it was at 400 rpm under load letting the stickies do there magic. And that was with a 258, t18 and 39" krawlers. Went right to a atlas after I broke

I wouldnt mix ranges in dry tacky rock but in tight twisty and slippery its awesome.  Way better than front dig.  

Your spider gears have a about a 2:1 ratio to idlers so a cutting brake makes the outside wheel spin 2x faster than if the carrier was turning.  Which comes out approximately as fast as the front wheels in high range.  You get one wheel anchored to pivot and 3 pulling around that point.

1 hour ago, rich s said:

I did the Dana 300 with a 4to1 thing I broke a gear not the stock output shaft. I am at 117 to 1 and idle 99% of the time. When I broke it was at 400 rpm under load letting the stickies do there magic. And that was with a 258, t18 and 39" krawlers. Went right to a atlas after I broke

Lomax kit?

56 minutes ago, rich s said:

Tera blow

Yeahhhhhh pretty common.

5 hours ago, HEEPJEEP said:

Roy means RWD low, FWD low, 4WD low, RWD high, FWD high (pretty useless), or 4WD high.  Not to mix ranges.  I know you can install a kit to get RWD low.  Not sure about FWD low.

Fwd high = snow wheeling front digs

I also ran rear low most of the time, front digs a lot in the tight woods. The biggest benefit to me was saving the steering joints, while being able to turn easily.