Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

FRIDAY

Trying to get to work early. Not this early.

Rain coming in late morning. 

Picked up my friend, Sylvie, at the airport. She flew in from Mass for a week. I met her in Sedona and we spent a couple of nights together. Should be an awesome time showing her around. 

2 hours ago, SidewaysTim said:

Picked up my friend, Sylvie, at the airport. She flew in from Mass for a week. I met her in Sedona and we spent a couple of nights together. Should be an awesome time showing her around the condo.  

FIFY

Only one on the floor today trying to get the furnace back to a sable and steady state. 

Youngest last day of school. 

Depending on rain tomorrow morning. Going over to help clean/clear trails for the high schools X-country trails.

We make portable plasma cutters, have shop air plumbed everywhere, power drops everywhere, yet yesterday I had to bring in my own port-a-band to make a cut in some 1" steel.  Makes sense right?

Work turned into a complete CF yesterday. I wonder how today will go. I still love the job, company and people. Just yesterday went sideways in a comedy of errors (not mine thankfully!)

It is sooo slow at work that i switched out my pen that had a cap to a clicky pen and I couldn't be happier....

Sounds like a weird honeymoon. :P

Taking a vacation day today to spend time with my brother and his family, although I did just run a telecom from the house since they were all asleep. Not sure what the plans are due to the rain coming in. Then I have to pack the YJ up later tonight for a wheeling trip tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, HEEPJEEP said:

We make portable plasma cutters, have shop air plumbed everywhere, power drops everywhere, yet yesterday I had to bring in my own port-a-band to make a cut in some 1" steel.  Makes sense right?

We just pay some people a lot of money to pretend to be smart.. They are not actually smart.

i thought dave was in engineering.  what the hell does he need tools for?

14 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

i thought dave was in engineering.  what the hell does he need tools for?

Exactly.  I have been asking for a year or so for this to be fixed.  I gave up and just did it myself.

most true shiit of my whole life.  if you want something done your way on your schedule, it's best to just do it yourself.

37 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

if you want something done your way on your schedule, it's best to just do it yourself.

Here they frown upon that because if you got hurt, it's not their tool but you're on the clock, has the tool been hot rodded so it's dangerous, is your tool out of calibration, etc. Did you do work for the company (like building fixtures for assembly) at home and not record the time- but it wasn't an approved task, etc. It's a pain in the azz and makes changing or fixing things many much more difficulter. And don't even get caught using the wrong tool for the wrong job. 

My boss told me I need to give a presentation to a company that is coming here called Metal Bellows. Some Senior Aerospace something or other out of Sharon Mass.. I said "Ok, I can do that, I'll just be me, no worries." 

He's considering cancelling the presentation.. haha