Sign in to follow this  
GSSFC

2nd gripe about '17 Silverado

Can't use a big nozzle pump in the filler neck. 

Great, now try and fit truck and 36' trailer into a gas station "car" island.  

Must be some sorta trend... The VW boys mentioned the same thing with the 2015 TDIs,, Of course maneuvering a Sportwagen is considerably easier than your junk! Our gummit at work, maybe?

Is it something that can be "remedied" by punching out the restrictor?

3 hours ago, Juiceman said:

Is it something that can be "remedied" by punching out the restrictor?

Like my Dad did in 1979 to his 79 Mercury Marquis so he could burn the leaded gas we had in our fuel tank. Needless to say it bacame even more of a gutless pig in a short time and he traded it in for a 1980 Olds 98 diesel. He didn't have to worry about leading up cats in that.

MEOW

13 hours ago, FrankTheDog said:

Like my Dad did in 1979 to his 79 Mercury Marquis so he could burn the leaded gas we had in our fuel tank. Needless to say it bacame even more of a gutless pig in a short time and he traded it in for a 1980 Olds 98 diesel. He didn't have to worry about leading up cats in that.

He didn't have to worry about going anywhere very fast, either.  Man those early diesels were useless pigs.

13 hours ago, FrankTheDog said:

1980 Olds 98 diesel. He didn't have to worry about leading up cats in that.

My dad had one of those early 80s Olds diesels. From what I remember, it was a comfortable car until somebody t-boned it.

Edited by calvynandhobbs

2 hours ago, Juiceman said:

He didn't have to worry about going anywhere very fast, either.  Man those early diesels were useless pigs.

Yeah, but it also was the time of 55 mph speed limit and they enforced it. 

He got a couple tickets in it for doing 65.

He also spent more money on that car fixing it in its first 100k than I spend buying and driving my XJ's for 200k.

And that's not accounting for inflation.

Its odd VW did the same thing. The 04 fit a big nozzle you had to feather it but it worked and saved my butt a couple times. The 14 did not.

The trucking industry lobbied to change it because they were sick of you diesel wanna bees hogging the filling sites.

i don't doubt it. 

my tinfoil started buzzing because I assumed the .gov was trying to find a new way to prevent you from putting non-taxed fuel into the filler neck.  follow the money.

Whatever tier of emissions killed off the mechanical pumps pretty much did away with home made fuels.  The HPCR type stuff doesnt love it. 

I dont really ever see red fuel at the truck islands.  Id have thought a reefer could run red fuel.  Pretty screwed up if they cant. 

Hmmmm never thought about the reefers.  I will ask Rachel's dad.