Sign in to follow this  
TJeepGuy

Battery Impact gun

Looking for input on battery powered impact guns.  What do you like and what should I stay away from?

Just now, Juiceman said:

Milwaukee Fuel.

That thing is the NUTS!!!

With that said, I just picked up a Ryobi version, and was able to take off lugnuts that had been on for a few years, with no issues at all.

I have a bunch of the Ryobi battery tools, but don't have the impact gun yet. It's on the list. The other tools have worked great with no issues. drill, flashlight, chainsaw, circular saw, extendable pole saw.

10 minutes ago, calvynandhobbs said:

I have a bunch of the Ryobi battery tools, but don't have the impact gun yet. It's on the list. The other tools have worked great with no issues. drill, flashlight, chainsaw, circular saw, extendable pole saw.

Same here, except I don't have the pole saw.  None of them have failed me yet at what I needed done.  Certainly not pro material, but gets the harry homeowner stuff done just fine, and at a more than reasonable price.

1 minute ago, SCF said:

Same here, except I don't have the pole saw.  None of them have failed me yet at what I needed done.  Certainly not pro material, but gets the harry homeowner stuff done just fine, and at a more than reasonable price.

We just had this conversation....while removing lugnuts....

I've got the Ryobi 1/2" impact already. Didn't know how that stacked up with the other cordless guns out there. Guess I'll just stick with what I got for now.

I've got a large collection of Ryobi and have had very good luck with it.  Just picked up 2 18v LiON 4ah batteries for $99.  I had been getting the NiMH batteries rebuilt with more capacity because the earlier LiONs would shut down in the heat. Maybe these newer high capacity ones are better.

1 hour ago, Juiceman said:

Milwaukee Fuel.

X2. Been using the poop out of mine. Much better than my good air gun. They come in 3 different 1/2" fuel versions with different ft lb ratings. 

Have the 1/4" Rigid... the "better" one... very happy with it, but never tried anything as big as lug nuts... will drive 1/4" x4" lag bolts into wood beams and bury the heads with no problem.