Sign in to follow this  
JesseA

Woods junk for dad.

Thanks Tim!  

Mike, What about a clam bunk type forwarder?

and I haven't built a boom for it yet.  It'll probably be short, the fairlead will probably be 50 inches off the ground since dad isn't that greedy.  

Edited by JesseA

Im not opposed to a clambunk but the pieces havent followed me home yet.  Id build the clam out of a OTR 5th wheel plate and the kingpin/bulkhead of a wrecked trailer so it could be removed.  

But you gotta have a grapple to load a clam and crazy power/traction to pull it.  I was thinking a standard forwarder bunk and a clam behind that so sawlogs get bucked in the woods and go in the bunk, then a few stems of pulp/cordwood get dragged out each pass.  

I dunno.. Well see if i even live long enough to build any of it.  Hardwood pulp pays $19 a ton here.. VS $50 a rick for cut/split.  Im gonna haul my first load of pulp to see if it pays pretty soon.. And also find out how quick cordwood moves this winter.  

Might just sell all my tops as pulp until a firewood processor happens.

I finally got a 346xp.  $10 at scrap yard with a burnt piston.  People are dumb.

I actually linked that vid recently. Pretty slick.  It made me momentarily reconsider my plans for the burkeen b30 articulated trencher chassis i got.   

Nothing fun to see, just noting when I did stuff.  

Got the welding machine back last week and started in again.  Decided to do a heavy truck type sliders instead of shackles and got that mocked up.

got the steering box mocked up, steering shaft made.  Unfortunately it’s occupying the spot the booster wants so it’s leaving.  Bastid. 

Auto shifter mocked up

planned out trans x member

need some 1 inch pipe and some 1.5x1.5 x 3/16 angle for cowl/dash  parts