Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

Need a Prepper/Survival section

Flip-flop winch. Though I had seen it all. This is a cool idea. Obviously a PITA to use, but if youre stuck and it's all you got..........

I bet WAY easier with 2 guys

Youll like how third worlders get tractors unstuck. Bind a log to the rim and let it pole vault its way up and out.

I had a crisis yesterday and the gruff (but kind) old man who spent his entire life slaving, and without even a diploma succeeding in building a modest family empire to include the diesel shop for his people, gave me a few stories.

The one that applies here is about his experience building a house in St martin, a poor caribbean island. One about a barefoot guy with a lathe and mill under a leanto walking on chips, making a spindle for him that actually worked, with no measureing tools.

The jist of it is that poor people are hard to kill off because theyve got a lifetime of hardship under their belt. Survival and make-do with whatever you have isnt an attitude, its an every day minimum requirement so every 3rd worlder is rock hard by the time theyve got their own kids. Quit = die.

Our system is rigged so that working = poverty and quitting = luxury. Day becomes night in insideout world. Mark my words, this environment is temporary. If you dont live to see the change your kids surely will. Set them up to be can doers, not who should i callers. That is survivalism.