Sign in to follow this  
heavysquad

Wheeling in Warren Maine

Once upon a time, I heard there was an OHV trail in Warren Maine.  Now I can't seem to find anything about it online.  Anyone heard tell? 

I believe there is a mountain in Warren Maine that PV4WD frequents by I've never been.

I used to see some of the pv4wd group in Clifton/Amherst from time to time.  I probably would have tried to join if they didn't make it pretty obvious that they were "Jeep" people on their website.

pretty sure they've been up mt Waldo in Frankfort.  

There was a group out of Ellsworth that wheeled somewhat regularly out that way.  Dunno if they started ranging at all.   

I heard you can't drive up waldo anymore. There's a gnarly looking trail in East Orland. I want to try. Supposed to be getting some big tires from a flaky friend. Not holding my breath.

On one side of my Waldo the road is obstructed with rocks but it's obvious that people are going around it.  The missus and I hiked to the quarry on top and found a party zone.  Lots of graffiti all over.  Forty foot long dick painted on the roadway.  The other way is gated.  Never been in that way even on foot 

Ive encountered some of the Penobscot valley 4wd people, but never wheeled with them.  

I haven't got much of a fix on what's out there locally since I keep to myself and don't have a Jeep (r)

Edited by JesseA

I think it was the pv4x4 forum that mentioned "woods road" in Orland can't find it on Google maps