Sign in to follow this  
CJKarl

YETI Brand stuff

As Coleman is/was part of the Yankee Candle brands owned by Jarden Corp, the wife talked about Yeti and how good they were.  Don't own one yet.

Will vouch for Coleman Extreme though.  Had cubes for 3 full days in mine on the Cape when my buddies POS China Cooler was warm after one.

I've seen the new Coleman Extremes compared to my 10 year old one however, my old one is a lot thicker.  Annoyingly so, lol, can't fit that much in it cause the walls are so thick.

The local Ace Hardware has a big display of Yeti stuff by the entrance. So I now have a coozi, adult sippy cup, and fancy water bottle with a screw top lid. And beer opener. Christ, I'm a sucker for impulse buys. They definitely work as advertised. Last time I went camping though I just bought a couple of styrofoam coolers and some block ice and was fine for 3 days. 

I got an Rtic 30oz tumbler, it's great for huge mixed dranks when floating in a lake or pool, inside keeps ice forever, outside doesn't feel cold so you can rest it against your belly while floating.  

It's too damn big for coffee and many cup holders.  I would like a much smaller one with a handle please. 

Coleman extreme cooler (one of the large ones) with 2 1 gallon milk jugs filled and frozen lasts 4 days anytime we go to the cabin. 

As for coffee, I still love on contigo mugs. Keeps my coffee hot for 4-5 hours easily. Cold drinks with two ice cubes stay cold just as long. Just not at the same time. 

Just buy the yeti trucker hat and window decal it's a lot cheaper to be that cool. I'm kinda used to warmish beer come day 3.

Is that what that poop is? Im like wow, yeti motoX grips.. someone found that sticker in their oldschool pile. Now i think even less of them.

I have a sunbeam toaster, wonder if i should get a vinyl wrap for the international.

Picked up the Wallyworld camping gear brand.  $9.99 Filled full of ice, sitting on my desk. We'll see tonight how it fares. Wonder if for 1/4 the price it will only keep it cold 1/4 of the time.

Construction looks like the Yeti, the lid is very robust. No idea about the inner workings. Not chopping it open on my kitchen counter with an ax....sorry.

Actually, doing a side by side comparison.

About 10 hrs.  Both have held most of the ice. Looks even so far. I'll leave the ice in overnight.

24 hrs later and still too close to call. Both still have at least 1/2 the ice I started with.