smokinsilverrt

diesel trucks pros and cons

911 is not a preventative, it reliquefies gelled fuel but doesn't stop it from gelling.  They make a different product in the white bottle that prevents gelling.

8 hours ago, Scerb said:

911 is not a preventative, it reliquefies gelled fuel but doesn't stop it from gelling.  They make a different product in the white bottle that prevents gelling.

I would like to know more about this.

I put it in gelled outside  furnace tanks. Just because.  Am I correct to do this?

Should we stir the tank?

Jim

42 minutes ago, bigjeep said:

I put it in gelled outside  furnace tanks. Just because.  Am I correct to do this?

Should we stir the tank?

Jim

Kerosene can gel? 

47 minutes ago, GSSFC said:

Kerosene can gel? 

Not like diesel. Aviation kero is used cause it won't gel/freeze at low temps. Usually outside oil tanks have a fuel oil/kero mix to keep from gelling. Oil guy never stired my outside tank.

Edited by Jon W

I run diesel service in mine, never an issue. 2016 Sierra 3500HD dually. Cycle the warmer circuit twice and she fires over.

12 hours ago, bigjeep said:

Should we stir the tank?

Jim

I put it in my waste oil tanks, too.  Seems to make a difference, the little bit of water that's in all waste oil tends to gum things up when it's uber cold.

2 cycles of the key, and the 02 duramax started right up after sitting since October. Just a little Lucas in the fuel as always.