Sign in to follow this  
JesseA

Desperate times and Desperate Measures

NCM_0810_zpsuqyrht1w.jpg

Bent the a frame a couple years ago trying to bash back snowbanks. Hurriedly fixed it, guess i didnt do such a good job. Probably pushing it with 38s two spools and studded chains doesnt help me to keep from finding weak links.

Heh.

I had shoulder surgery in a rough winter, couldnt shovel, new baby consumed all $$.. Hung a blade best i could on the donnymobile to get by, and it worked great

Snow67.jpg

So great people flagged me down.

Very first plow for hire job in the XJ... Detours bumper said fawk you on the first pass. I had to leave it there and come back with the truck. Lol

oops.jpg

dismount.jpg

That was the second "Donny" model of the bumper that I think was primarily made to look good.

Frank The Dog has the original design that was pulled off of that rig, and it's plenty stout.

i can't imagine what would have gone through my head if that had happened to me. Lots of fawks would be given all at once.

I didnt mean to bag on the bumper.. It had like 300x more load than planned for and i was like an ice breaker sploding thru banks with it, ramming hidden curbs etc. It had no choice.

I bet it was getting to be almost fun about when that happened.

Still going on this section repair. Had a washer break off the outside and the head

Chewed through the sacrificial tube and the tube.

And an inside view

Addendum. The patch leaks and the tire will take on some water if submerged. I assume that's partly why the carriage bolts are rusty

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG