Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CJKarl

SATURDAY again

50 posts in this topic

Think we're going to try and get a half day in this morning to make up for the washout yesterday afternoon. Inspector is coming Monday morning, need to be ready for him.

Which inspector? Steel plate shoot at Hartford Gun Club this AM and then some M725 work this afternoon....

Got home from a wedding rehearsal and dinner around 1130 last night, up at 3am with the little one, couldn't fall back to sleep. 

43 minutes ago, 1951M38 said:

Which inspector? Steel plate shoot at Hartford Gun Club this AM and then some M725 work this afternoon....

Building inspector,

Chimney throat/smoke chamber inspection

Doesn't look too good for the Fitzgerald Capt.

High school cross country trail cleanup this morning.

1 hour ago, CJKarl said:

Doesn't look too good for the Fitzgerald Capt.

what the hell happened there, anyway?  How does a giant container ship ram a US Navy warship with no warning in the middle of the night?  Especially in the Sea of Japan, I would figure approaching a US warship would get you blown out of the water.

Here's the containership's track.  Pity it didn't appear the Fitzgerald didn't have AIS enabled...

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 11.34.45 PM.png

I can totally imagine a scenario, like 9/11, where terrorists ram tankers or container ships into US vessels.  Is it possible that this was intentional, or no?

I'm sure the Navy has some track logs for their position.... they just don't publist them publicly.

A couple of real curiosities for me:  that whole sudden U turn scenario just before the collision, and the fact that the captain of the Navy ship was one of the seriously injured.  Was the captain on that deck when the collision occurred?

I am anxious to hear the story about how this happens.  I understand the Tokyo Bay is heavily traveled, but it seems like if anyone should get some leeway, it would be a US Navy warship.  After the Cole incident, I'd figure they would be on high alert about their operational space.

USS cole was the first of the agressions against us that i can recall in my adult life.  After desert storm settled down there was a looong stretch of nothing, i dont remember where i was stationed but the cole was my uh oh moment.  Then 911.

It was Beirut for me.

I was 2.

If you want to see what "normalization" looks like, compare  our national response to americans being attacked out in the world in 1982 vs today.  There were random innocent arabs dragged out of cars and beaten due to the rampant outrage.. And no one called it a hate crime or fascist.  

Today bombings and shootings happen that dont even get their own thread. Lucky to be mentioned in a daily.  Thats normalization.

Edited by mike_belben

Wife and I had our own lil garage party last night.  Paying for it today.

Kinda morning when u wake up find phone and make sure you didn't do anything dumb on social media or texts.