Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GSSFC

2nd gripe about '17 Silverado

24 posts in this topic

Red fuel is nothing more than diesel with a dye in it.  At least around here, they all have to be ULSD.  Even the off-road stuff.  Oddly the myth of red dye being detectible seems to be bunk.  I have a transfer tank in my truck and use it to fill heaters and the generator in the spray foam trailer.  If i can't get red (off-road) then i buy regular pump fuel.  The see though filter housing will have no trace of red after a tank of un-dyed fuel in run through it.  

I still don't dare run it in my truck though.  But if i wasn't such a yumyum, I see no reason not too!

Its not a residue detection.. DOT thistle tubes the tanks..theyll see it plain as day through the glass.  

Jon, its only a pita if caught

I understand DOT checking HD trucks, but really, when is your LD truck owner ever going to have their fuel checked? 

I suspect "never" is an accurate answer.

4 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

I understand DOT checking HD trucks, but really, when is your LD truck owner ever going to have their fuel checked? 

I suspect "never" is an accurate answer.

I gotta agree... Prolly be the equivalent of the routine traffic stop for a wanted guy... Traffic accident that pours the pickup's fuel on the ground??? Yeah, unlikely..

With a 600 miles range, we prolly won't have an issue with Big Nozzles.

Edited by wetskier2000

I think more and more it comes down to the cop than you.  Duallies are a lot more headache than they used to be with the rise of uship/hotshotters as a source for them to feed on. 

Obviously cars are under the radar. 

I wanted a dually when Mel Gibson had one in Lethal Weapon.  I got over it after that.  Started working in dealerships and realized you can't park the corksucker anywhere except the back 40.

Mel Gibson, JFN? I can see that.

I'm still getting used to the double cab tundra. Big change from the excellent turning radius having Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SPORT. 

Theres nothin wrong with the back 40.