Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SKEETER

M18 Fuel Tool Discount and others

43 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

I assume you add fuel to them.  Mixing with oil.  Then yank a pull cord to get it running.

I pull the trigger.

I assume you run back and forth to your charger all day and plug it into your 10kw service to get yours running.

I dont doubt the battery is easy, but the only benefit I really see is the light weight. And unfortunately you can add not other tools to it. In my case, one engine runs a pile of tools.

He is also using it 20 min a month vs 3 hrs a day

I've owned a battery powered string trimmer for years, it was great for the ex wife, nice and light and ready to go with no fueling.

Just now, massxj said:

He is also using it 20 min a month vs 3 hrs a day

I totally understand, two different applications.

Except the dildough. Really only has one application, unless youre mixing paint with it maybe. 

I poo-poo'd the wife's buying a WorksGT electric string trimmer, but the damn thing just works.. The string feed doesn't foul like previous gas jobs and it has lifetime replacement reels of string. (FWTW). All our gas weed wackers eventually find their way to the trash either cuz they fall apart or just refuse to run because they are yet another gas motor that's used very rarely.

I had to eat crow on this one...

Glad it worked out for you Juice.  Good to see you, see you again in another 8-10 years I hope, should have the buggy done by then.

While driving around today on more errands, I realized I forgot to publicly thank you.

Good to see you yesterday.  Thanks for the taco offer, it looked delish.

Paul does have a pretty tasty lookin taco

2 hours ago, wetskier2000 said:

I poo-poo'd the wife's buying a WorksGT electric string trimmer, but the damn thing just works.. The string feed doesn't foul like previous gas jobs and it has lifetime replacement reels of string. (FWTW). All our gas weed wackers eventually find their way to the trash either cuz they fall apart or just refuse to run because they are yet another gas motor that's used very rarely.

I had to eat crow on this one...

Thats the one I own, works great and easy to use. My ex liked using it.

I've been beating the fawk out of a Stihl FS110R for about 4 years now.  Commercial model $$$$, but it was a tax write off for me.  No complaints besides reloading the head is a small PITA, requires sitting in a lawn chair and drinking a beer.  

yeah, that's a terrible routine.