Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wetskier2000

Forum view??

9 posts in this topic

How do I get the old forum "view"? Previously, the default seemed to show recent threads with an indicator of an unread reply.  The new Unread Content only lists the unreads and not the recent reads...

This makes seeing a topic you wanted to reply to but deferred to a later time much more difficult.

8 hours ago, wetskier2000 said:

How do I get the old forum "view"? Previously, the default seemed to show recent threads with an indicator of an unread reply.  The new Unread Content only lists the unreads and not the recent reads...

This makes seeing a topic you wanted to reply to but deferred to a later time much more difficult.

not sure i understand the question...  you can "follow" a topic.  you can "follow" a user's posts.  when you reply to a topic you can select "notify me of replies" and finally, if you click the "unread content" link at the top right of page, you get a nice little multi-level filter to slice and dice anything you want to see...

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 7.54.26 PM.png

Yeah, I found all of that... The old default view that was similar to the one above but included threads I had read *AND* threads I had not read. I don't know what the criteria was for the read ones that were listed but it appeared to be the last day or so...  In other words it was more like threads with "fairly recent"  posts instead of just Unread by me.

Ok so I guess I'm not the only one confused. I used to be able to hit new content and it was filtered to show every thing new since the last time I logged in. That may  have been 2 threads or 2 pages depending on how long ago that was. I have no idea what I'm looking at any more.....

seriously.... am I stupid? I haven't been on in days because I have no idea how to see anything I actually want to see. I get 10 pages of individual comments on all sorts of things. I just want to see the thread titles and decide if I want to click on it like i have for the last 15 years....

There is a lot of configurability to get the view you want, if you only want to see topic titles, you can do that.

IMG_0659.PNG

IMG_0660.PNG

On 3/6/2017 at 9:11 PM, mudrunner2645 said:

seriously.... am I stupid? I haven't been on in days because I have no idea how to see anything I actually want to see. I get 10 pages of individual comments on all sorts of things. I just want to see the thread titles and decide if I want to click on it like i have for the last 15 years....

Click condensed  instead of expanded