Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofender

This one will have fenders.....

88 posts in this topic

Where are you sending it for media blast? I have a triumph body that needs the same 

8 hours ago, toyworx said:

Where are you sending it for media blast? I have a triumph body that needs the same 

Specialty Restoration in Westfield MA. 

http://specialtyrestorationonline.com/

They aren't cheap. But their work is top notch. I've used them for 20+ years. They will do anything from small parts to a bridge. They can be a little tough to get a hold of. So if you wanted to use them, don't give up. They will return your call. 

Back from media blast and prime. Body is back on the chassis - bolted down for the first time! I have to wrap up the steering column, then I will officially be ready for paint. 

DSCN0223.JPG

DSCN0226.JPG

Moving along.....

Body mounted for final mock up prior to paint. I've done what body work I want to do. I have no intention of making this perfect. But, i do want it presentable. So I did some minor filler work and two rounds of high build. I'll do one more block before final prime, then paint. 

Mocking the steering column now. This is the last fab step (I think) Then I will blow it back apart one last time and shoot it.

DSCN0261.JPG

DSCN0273.JPG

DSCN0256.JPG

DSCN0247.JPG

Looking good Mr. Nofender.

on mine I'm going to save about 3 years time and buy a tub.

8 hours ago, PAUL said:

Looking good Mr. Nofender.

on mine I'm going to save about 3 years time and buy a tub.

Good move. Knowing what I know now.....good move

Think of the education you got.  

Think of how much more you will love driving her.

Think of how much more pissed off you will be when that teen texting and driving smacks your rear quarter all to hell.

Progress has slowed considerably.....damn it. Been very busy as of late. But i did manage to rebuild the windshield frame yesterday! The panel was shot. So i ordered up a new one from Classic Enterprises. It wasn't a hard fix. But it took forever to prep the frame and panel. There were a ton of holes to weld up before i could merge the panel with the frame. Anyway.....pretty pleased and one step closer.

DSCN0296.JPG

DSCN0298.JPG

DSCN0301.JPG

Andy, my buddy in southampton just got a 65ish kaiser willys cj5 thingy.  He has a hardtop with roll up window doors to sell off in order to finance overhauling it with his young boy.  Any interest?  Hes gonna send me pics later

6 hours ago, mike_belben said:

Andy, my buddy in southampton just got a 65ish kaiser willys cj5 thingy.  He has a hardtop with roll up window doors to sell off in order to finance overhauling it with his young boy.  Any interest?  Hes gonna send me pics later

send pics. 

No interest on my end. But I know a guy that could be interested for sure. thanks. 

I put a post up in misc f/s.  Thanks andy