Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottCJ7

Jericho Mountain State Park 4x4 trail

15 posts in this topic

Park opens this Saturday May 23rd :kool:

This is big news, the first 4x4 designated public trail (not a "road"), hugs huge props of NWOR! :up:

Welcome Wheelers,
to the first public 4x4 trail in the Jericho
Mountain State Park, It has a trail rating
of more difficult***. There are a few
other spur trails that are most difficult****.
Please reference the trail rating system for further
information.
There is a day use fee of $20 per vehicle, Please
see the State Park Staff in the Visitors center before
embarking on the trail.

***More difficult or moderate trails are recommended for
modified vehicles with 35” tires or larger and 1 locker, a
winch is strongly recommended. The trail will consist of
off cambers, hills, rocks, tight technical spots.

****Most Difficult trails are recommended for vehicles that
are heavily modified with 38” tires or larger, 1 locker
and a winch. The trail consists of hills, rocks, tight off
cambers and tight technical areas.

Vehicle Recommendations
• Winch, Tree saver
• Winch weight
• Recovery points
• Recovery strap
First Aid Kit
• Fire Extinguisher
• Cell Phone

NWOR Brochure 1 up proof.pdf

Gee, trails are rated "under 33" tires" and next is 35" or larger... Where's the Jeep with 33s supposed to go?

Gee, trails are rated "under 33" tires" and next is 35" or larger... Where's the Jeep with 33s supposed to go?

Personally I think its over estimated but I am waiting on a clarification

having walked the trial anyone on 35s in a short wheelbase Jeep will have a nice time on this trail. Anyone in a JKU with 33s will take a full day and truckers vocab to finish. Don't think I can make the 13th, but its definitely worth a trip and BSJ is planning a trip for September to here and Mt Washington. would be great if we can get them some support for the opening day... @ Scott I think the rating of 35's for the trail is due to the difficult time in distinguishing short wheel base like a sami or a TJ and a 4 door Jeep... We dont want people with street tires thinking well my 32" stock tires are "close enough" to 33"s lets try it.... i could get thru the trails in a TJ with one locker and 33s no problem with a winch or maybe a tug, but John Q public with no experience will be in over his head quickly...

I know it is short notice. On Saturday June 13 at 10:30 am there will be a formal Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony at the trail head in The Jericho Mountain State Park. We have put a tremendous amount of effort in getting the trail to this point, now is the time to show it off. If you want to attend and trail ride please email me so I can keep track of how many rigs. nwor4x4@yahoo.com All are welcome to attend and ride passenger if you can't bring your vehcile. I can't stress this enough we need people and rigs for that day to participate. I realize it is short notice, but we are on state land...... The Trails Bureau has 10 people from the State attending that I am aware of, also the Mayor of Berlin and the Governor have been invited. Lets make and impression! :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

having walked the trial anyone on 35s in a short wheelbase Jeep will have a nice time on this trail. Anyone in a JKU with 33s will take a full day and truckers vocab to finish. Don't think I can make the 13th, but its definitely worth a trip and BSJ is planning a trip for September to here and Mt Washington. would be great if we can get them some support for the opening day... @ Scott I think the rating of 35's for the trail is due to the difficult time in distinguishing short wheel base like a sami or a TJ and a 4 door Jeep... We dont want people with street tires thinking well my 32" stock tires are "close enough" to 33"s lets try it.... i could get thru the trails in a TJ with one locker and 33s no problem with a winch or maybe a tug, but John Q public with no experience will be in over his head quickly...

I know it is short notice. On Saturday June 13 at 10:30 am there will be a formal Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony at the trail head in The Jericho Mountain State Park. We have put a tremendous amount of effort in getting the trail to this point, now is the time to show it off. If you want to attend and trail ride please email me so I can keep track of how many rigs. nwor4x4@yahoo.com All are welcome to attend and ride passenger if you can't bring your vehcile. I can't stress this enough we need people and rigs for that day to participate. I realize it is short notice, but we are on state land...... The Trails Bureau has 10 people from the State attending that I am aware of, also the Mayor of Berlin and the Governor have been invited. Lets make and impression! :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

I was there and helped mark the trails but the thought at the time was to have bypasses for some of the more difficult options. Did the state override this?

So people on that New England forum drive their 4x4 vehicles? weird

A bunch of us checked this out today. Awesome park, well definitely all be back again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

held the NEA meeting here on Saturtday, trail has borken in nicely! campground is very nice, with showers , laundry, lake etc.